Asheville Holistic Addiction Program
Recovery in Mind, Body & Spirit
Addiction impacts every aspect of a person’s life. Simply trying to stop using drugs and alcohol is not enough to address the root of addiction. You must reshape the way you interact with the world and your own mind in order to fight the tempting factors that can lead to relapse.
In the holistic addiction program at Silver Ridge, we view the body as a whole entity. It is not enough to heal the mind or body alone; both must be cared for when walking the road toward recovery. Holistic treatment emphasizes that it is not the substance itself that causes abuse and addiction, but the stresses of everyday life that push someone to seek extreme coping mechanisms. Treating addiction is important, but healing the person is critical.
- Equine Therapy – Interacting with and caring for horses has proven to be a beneficial step for many people recovering from addiction. Equine therapy is not about riding horses; it is focused more on interaction with them to grow one’s own self-awareness.
- Mindfulness and Meditation – Learning how to sit alone with your thoughts is an important component of addiction recovery. Studies have shown that meditation can actually change the structure of the brain so that it can better handle stress and anxiety.
- Nutritional Support – Creating a steady meal routine that consists of healthy, nutritious meals can be a valuable asset to addiction recovery. Substance abuse typically leads to nutrition deficiency, so rebuilding the body’s vitamin and mineral intake is important.
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga – Yoga can help manage the effects of psychological stress. It serves as a natural method of managing stress and other mental health symptoms, in turn reducing the temptation to turn to drugs or alcohol as a coping mechanism.
- Ecotherapy – Through doing outdoor activities in nature, we aim to improve your mental and physical wellbeing.
For more on holistic therapy and other addiction treatments at our Asheville rehabilitation center, please contact us at (855) 945-7788